Monday, December 19, 2011

Anyone else find the Battlefield 3 beta a big disappointment?

Graphics don't even come close to the gameplay trailers they released a few months ago. The guns recoil like crazy. Your guy has a short amount of sprint. And the beta is constantly down so no one can play it. Very disappointing to me and I wish I never pre-ordered it. Hopefully modern warfare 3 is better cause I prefer the recent Medal of Honor over Battlefield 3 at this point.|||'The' is an idiot. Y/A is an open forum that encourages a wide range of subjects. If they didn't want people to ask questions about video and online games, they wouldn't have included a video and online games catagory. If he doesn't want to answer questions about video and online games, then he should troll around in another section- is there a Redundant Sarcasm and Worthless Opinion catagory?



And yes, after playing the Beta on PS3, I'm not impressed so far. I thought this year might be the year that BF could finally compete with COD, but now I'm not so sure. Hopefully the finished game will be significantly better.



Edit.: 8-bit-ray's answer is a fairer one than mine.|||To answer your question, yes, I find BF 3 Beta pretty disappointing so far. My reason is simple, and is only one reason, because I find the game decently fun otherwise, although not up to par with even Modern Warfare 2 in my opinion, which also was plagued by the problem I am about to describe. Anyway, on to my reason. I was hoping they would do away with the whole level up system. I find shooter games that require you to play 10 hours a day to keep yourself on even terms with other players a huge factor that turns me away from these type of games. The starting weapons are complete junk without the attachments, and 24 hours into the beta I find people already have far superior weapons and attachments that already have me at an automatic disadvantage. This will only get worse as it goes on. Games like Gears of War 3 and Halo reach have level up systems as well, only they were smart and went with only cosmetic upgrades and achievements with thier system. Who wants to play a shooter game that you can't pick up and put down as you please without knowing already ahead of time, you're probably going to get smeared by people who never put the controller down? If i wanted to grind my way to superiority, I'd play an MMORPG.|||dude its awesome if you want to lower your recoil this is what you do





choose a grip or the other thing not sure what it called but it works when your on the floor or in anyway you place your weapon but you cant move wile using it





ok and the other what you need to do is choose the 1 burst by clicking up on the d pat (keep in mind do it only one its far rang)





so thats how you do it and then your weapon his lower recoil|||The beta - it's super (awesome). I love it.





but no seriously, it is pretty fun. I wish they would have put in Strike at Karkand instead of Operation Metro... even though it is an expansion pack... but i digress. You're crazy and have to get some sunlight if you're honestly complaining about the graphics. It's great as it is. Stop whining.|||I really love the beta version, it is awesome!!





I will order the limited edition soon|||lol|||Okay, one at a time.



1. The graphics in the gameplay trailers you saw a few moths ago were on the PC at max graphics on the newest and most expensive PC available. Consoles are 6 year old hardware, they can't keep up with a current PC graphically or otherwise. And, in addition, the console beta is compressed into a 1.3GB download. Because of this they had to turn the graphical settings down to save memory. Not to say that the final release version of the game will even approach the PC version's graphics, but they will, at least, be a bit better.



2. Is this your first Battlefield game? If so, you should know that the guns have always had a bit of recoil. But, you manage that like people do in real life. Fire in bursts at range to ensure the bullets hit the target. If you're right in their face, feel free to go all rock n' roll on them. I know I do.



3. Actually, I don't know how to respond to this one as I don't personally have any problem with the sprint and I haven't bumped in to anyone else who does. One point to you, sir.



EDIT: I have recently discovered that you are actually supposed to be able to sprint infinitely. The whole "not being able to sprint" thing is a glitch that will be fixed by launch.



4. The servers were only down for about 4-5 hours on day one. That's only a couple of hours longer than the Reach beta was down on its first day. Keep in mind it's a beta, meant to help iron out bugs, stress the servers, and sort out any gameplay issues. They do occasionally have to stress the servers to see how well they cope. And, as a result the servers sometimes get shut down.



I implore you, at least give the beta another chance with these things in mind before you go condemning BF3 to failure. There aren't even vehicles in the console betas yet so how can you say it isn't worth it when you haven't even experienced what Battlefield is all about?|||This is Yahoo! Answers. Not a gaming forum. Take it else where.

No comments:

Post a Comment